My week has been so bad it’s actually gone the other way and is now awesome. I’m not sure why my mood has remained buoyant despite the load of bull I’ve been dealing with, but I’m actually in a great mood. All the stuff that’s happened is on the minor end of the tragedy spectrum, so consequently in list form, it’s fantastic! This week:
- My AC broke.
- A dustpan fell off the wall and hit me in the head.
- I managed to destroy the company website on my lunch break (….I did fix it, eventually).
- I had a flat tire.
- …twice. (Different tires.)
- When tossing a paper towel into the trashcan, I missed. This isn’t surprising because I don’t have game. I then leaned over to pick up the paper towel and put it in the trashcan only to lose my balance (?!?) and fall, knocking my head against the computer and potentially damaging the fan inside. I don’t know, it’s making an angry whirring noise. Also, I have a lump on my head.
- A little kid ran into me at the library and took a tumble. Poor thing! But he looked at me like I was Satan and waaaailed and I felt awful.
- Scratched the floor something awful when moving furniture. It’s time to buy a new rug!
- Scalded myself on the popcorn maker.
- I have a doctor’s appointment. For women’s troubles. Oooooh.
- Got cable and internet installed in my apartment. Both didn’t work on Day One. Got them fixed. Now the DVR isn’t working.
What you need to understand is that all of these things happened in TWO DAYS. TWO.
Surely I’m good now. Right? RIGHT?